Making a scrumptious meal requires plenty of time and efforts. It becomes tedious if you are cooking for a large family. However, equipment like food processor can come in handy. Though there are plenty of best food processors in India, it is essential to pick the right one suiting your kitchen and family needs.
Choosing the right food processor has its own perks. It takes less time in preparation, gives you more quality time with your family, and eases the burden of meal preparation before you head to the office.
To understand how a mixer grinder functions compared to a food processor, and what you need most for Indian cooking, we have put a few models through tests at home and drew up a list of top ten food processors in India.
10 Best Food Processors In India To Choose From
1. Preethi Zodiac Mixer Grinder With 5 Jars
- Ideal for kneading atta and chopping vegetables
- The seven-function Master Chef Plus Jar has a large capacity and a citrus press
- Elegant and ergonomic design and several jars for wet and dry grinding
- Overload light turns red to warn users and ensures maximum safety
- Lids of the jars can break easily
- Juicer jar does not provide for easy extraction of coconut milk
- 80 Db Operating Noise
- High speed 750 watt Vega W5 motor
- Several Multi-Functional Blades with super sharp edges
- 1 liter Master Chef Plus jar
- Three jars for grindingli>
- Knob with three speeds and incher mode
- Insta fresh juicer jar
- Tripod design with overload indicator
- ROHS compliant material
Whether you are pureeing, slicing vegetables fine or mincing meat the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 which comes with a large 2.1-liter capacity Master Chef Plus Jar gives you great results.
Multi-Functional blades, with sharp edges, chop vegetables in four pulses and create elegant juliennes.
While dough for chapattis can be prepared in a minute and a citrus press is ideal for creating freshly squeezed orange juice.
Three jars for grinding chutney, wet grinding, and dry grinding are included, and with a Vega W5, 750-watt motor onboard turmeric can be powered within two minutes.
A three-in-one Insta Fresh Juicer jar is also included with a centrifugal juicer for extraction of juice from fresh fruit.
The juicer also has a Super Extractor function for extracting coconut milk and a blender function for creating milkshakes.
The food processor has an elegant and durable body with a tripod design and speed can be controlled over three levels with the knob.
2. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor
- The blades are very sharp
- It is useful when there is no electricity
- Two speeds allow for vegetables to chopped into tiny pieces
- High-quality food grade plastic material used in the build
- Blades cannot be cleaned easily, and they cause nicks and cuts
- The metal components can rust if water is on them
- Does not make the process of kneading dough easy
- Manual food processor
- Two speeds settings available
- Slicer disk with four settings
- Pusher attachment provided
- Sharp stainless steel blades
- Whipper attachment included
The best food processor in India that is manually operated is undoubtedly the Wonderchef Turbo Dual, which has captured the hearts of homemakers who often have to deal with little or no electricity. It has two settings, the first of which delivers power ideal for coarse chopping.
The second-speed setting allows the food processor to cut vegetables and onions into fine pieces for fast cooking or salads.
A slicer-dicer disk with four settings and blades allows you to julienne vegetables to perfection when making dressings for dishes, and also create French fries or a stir-fry.
The super-sharp blades allow cutting to proceed smoothly at any speed, and there is a Whipper attachment included for whisking eggs and cream.
A pusher ensures food to be kept within the processor when it is working, and it helps avoid spills, while the body is durable and does not slip on the kitchen table when in use.
3. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
- Good price point
- Shreds large quantities of vegetables easily
- Ideal when cooking for a large family
- Jars and blades can handle most food processing and grinding needs
- Dough kneading proceeds smoothly
- The lock on centrifugal juicer can break
- The two-pin plug on lead can be difficult to use
- The motor can produce a burning smell when first used
- 5-liter blender jar and 1-liter steel grinding jar
- Operating noise between 80-90dB
- Four segmented cutters
- 650 watts power consumption
- Egg whisker, centrifugal juicer, chopper, and dough kneader
- One liter multi-use processing bowl
- Five years warranty on motor
- Anti-skid feet
Designed to be a “complete” machine the Inalsa Fiesta is the best food processor in India and captured the top spot after taking on and beating the challenge of similar appliances.
It has a multi-use processing bowl with a capacity of one liter and a handle which ensures that you can easily set it up and use it to chop vegetables in a hurry.
Four cutters are ideal for slicing, chopping, making French fries and fine/coarse shredding. A blade for kneading dough, egg whisker, centrifugal juicer and spatula are also provided.
Noise levels remain within 80-90 dB during operation, and the food processor consumes 650 watts of power.
Durable material used in the blender jar renders it resistant to breakage, and the stainless steel grinder jar allows for grinding of grains and spices.
Speed can be controlled over three levels, and there is a pulse mode allowing you to set the pace when cooking.
4. Philips 650-Watt Mini Food Processor
- The accessories can be safely loaded into a dishwasher for cleaning
- Does not have an inner shaft which reduces chances of spills
- Safety feature ensures that the appliance will switch on only if it is assembled properly
- Cord storage is integrated
- Produces less noise during operation
- It cannot be used for grinding chutney or dry spices
- No jar can be purchased separately to handle heavy grinding
- Two speeds and pulse setting
- Large feeding tube
- A 650-watt motor
- Citrus press included
- 5-litre bowl and 1-liter jar (working capacity)
- PowerChop technology inbuilt
- High-quality tool for emulsifying and whisking
- Stainless steel disc inserts and chopping blade
- Coarse and fine slicing/shredding tool and kneading tool
- Suction feet with easy release
With an elegant design and a black colored body, the Philips Daily Collection is a perfect choice if you want a sturdy food processor which can be operated easily.
Its suction feet and quick release keep it steady when kneading dough and it produces less noise (80-90 dB) when in operation.
It has a unique tool which ensures that whisking egg whites for cakes and creating mayonnaise happens without effort and can be controlled to guarantee the best results. The 650 Watt motor is powerful and comes with two speeds.
Pulse control allows you to retain control over its operation, and pace meal preparation according to your liking.
The main bowl has a 1.5-liter working capacity and creates five portions of soup while the citrus press allows for easy extraction of juice from oranges.
PowerChop Technology along with sharp blades with advanced design ensures chopping of vegetable happens within seconds and a large feeding tube minimizes the need for pre-cutting vegetables into smaller portions.
5. Maggi Rio 4G Food Processor
- It does away with the need for buying a new food processor
- Allows for easy scraping of coconut from within the shell
- Easy to use juice extractor is ideal for citrus fruits
- Several blades provided for slicing, shredding and creating finger chips
- Can be used with several brands of mixer/grinders including Bajaj, Preethi, Usha, Kenstar and Havells
- The bottom coupler attachment might need to be changed
- Pressing the coconut during scraping can damage the mixer/grinder motor
- Food processing jar
- Compatible with a wide variety of Mixer/Grinders
- Coconut scraper and juice extractor attachment
- Fixes onto existing mixer/grinder
Created to be attached to an existing mixer/grinder, the Maggi Rio All in One 4G attachment has a direct transmission drive that reduces the speed of the motor.
An unbreakable jar is designed to fit blades which convert it into a food processor allowing you to slice vegetables for a salad or shred them for curries or halwa.
Separate blades are provided for mincing meat, chopping onions, making atta dough and for whisking eggs.
A steel attachment is also provided and allows for scraping of coconuts right from within the shell, and reduces the need for cutting slices.
The juicer attachment is ideal for squeezing fresh juice from limes and oranges.
6.Inalsa Maxie Premia Food Processor
- The processor can be used continuously for 30 minutes
- It is an excellent choice for atta kneading and making butter
- The steel jar is ideal for making chutney
- The motor can emit a burnt smell when it is first used as the varnish heats up considerably
- The main jar can break when dropped
- 800 watts motor
- Two-liter unbreakable blender jar
- One liter dry grinding jar
- 4-liter chutney jar
- Four steel disc blades, chopping and atta kneading blades
- Centrifugal and citrus juicers included
One of the best food processors for Indian cooking is the Inalsa Maxie Premia as it comes with a jar that is suitable for storing a large quantity of chopped vegetables.
Also included is an unbreakable Blender Jar for making milkshakes, and two jars made from stainless steel one of which is suitable for dry grinding and while the other is ideal for chutney.
The stainless steel blades are super-sharp and durable, while a citrus juicer and centrifugal juicer included. A kneading blade is perfect for making dough for chapattis within minutes, and the chopping blade cuts vegetables or onions into tiny pieces.
With a powerful 800 watt motor onboard the food processor can operate for longer durations than comparable models.
7. Maggi RIO 13G Food Processor
- Cheaper than buying a food processor
- Takes up less space than a food processor
- Gear attachment can sometimes produce fumes
- The processing jar can easily break
- Designed to be fixed onto an existing mixer/grinder
- Includes several blades for slicing, shredding and scraping
- Chopper blade and atta kneading blade included
- Whisking disc included
The Maggi RIO All in 13G Food Processor is designed to attach onto a mixer/grinder which you already have. With an inbuilt direct transmission drive, it reduces the speed of the mixer/grinder motor and ensures that you can chop or slice vegetables without hassle.
It has broad compatibility and can be fixed onto many different brands of mixer/grinders and allows you to use them for food processing.
Multiple blades included are ideal for vegetable slicing/grating, chopping of onions, and creating finger chips from potatoes.
With the atta kneading blade, dough for chapattis can be prepared within minutes thereby reducing the energy you have to spend in the morning before heading to the office.
8. Bajaj Majesty Food Processor
- Nine high-quality attachments
- Chutney jar is handy
- Good quality material used in the body and jars
- Kneading can sometimes be slow
- 700 Watt motor
- Variable speeds
- Citrus juicer attachment
- Processing bowl with 1.4 liters operating a volume
- 8-litre liquidizer jar
- 450ml chutney jar
- Stainless steel blades
- Kneading and whisking blades
With the Bajaj Majesty FX 9 that has a powerful 700-watt motor you can easily knead dough for chapattis, cut vegetables into slices, and shred carrots when making desserts.
Stainless steel blades provided with the food processor are incredibly sharp and are ideal for Indian cooking when vegetables have to be cut into various sizes and large meals created for several family members.
The processor has two speeds for controlling its operation and a pulse setting. It has a large processing bowl, while the juicer ensures that squeezing of oranges to create juice is a hassle-free process.
Using the liquidizer jar preparing smoothies and milkshakes only takes minutes. A special blade is also provided for whisking eggs, and another handles kneading of dough, thereby reducing the time needed for preparing meals in the morning. A 450ml jar is also included and can be used for making several types of regional chutneys.
9. Bosch MCM3501M 800 W Food Processor
- Compact and sleek design
- Rubber feet with suction provide extra stability
- Smart space saving storage of accessories within the bowl
- Versatile accessories capable of handling 50 functions
- Integrated cable storage
- The attachment for making dough can bend easily if flour quantity exceeds 250gm
- 3-liter bowl for mixing
- 800 watts motor
- One liter liquidizer jar
- Grinder for spices and grains
- MultiLevel6 knife with unique double blades
- BPA free plastic build
- Stainless steel discs
- Whisking disc and plastic tool for creating atta dough
- Accessories are dishwasher safe
- Two speeds and moment function
The compact Bosch MCM3501M comes with a powerful 800-watt motor that can handle heavy-duty tasks such as grinding coffee beans.
A MultiLevel6 knife with double blades is included among the 13+ accessories bundled with the food processor.
The accessories are capable of 50 functions, ranging from cutting and grating vegetables to grinding. A one-liter blender jar is provided for crushing ice and for creating shakes and smoothies.
Two speeds setting allow you to control the processing of food and allow for efficient grinding of spices to a consistency that you prefer.
The jars are made from sturdy polycarbonate and are BPA free while the blades along with the reversible, shredding, grating and beater discs are created from steel. When not in use the accessories can be stored within the bowl and kept free from dust.
10. Bajaj Food Processor – Master Chef 3.0
- Motor with 30 minutes rating and 5-year warranty
- LED light indicator on knob
- Overload protection for motor
- Durable build with nylon polyurethane belt
- The food processor has two levels, and each needs to have a jar fixed in place for the unit to work
- 3 Litre capacity chutney jar
- 1500 ml processing bowl
- 5-liter blender jar with steel blades
- Polycarbonate and stainless steel build
- One liter steel grinding jar
- 600 watts motor
- Fifteen attachments included
- Three speeds and pulse control
- Steel Centrifugal Cutter
With several advanced features including a powerful 600-watt motor, the Bajaj Food Master Chef 3.0 can operate for 30 minutes at a stretch and is ideally suited for preparing vegetables for large meals.
The main processing jar comes with a steel Centrifugal Cutter, and several shredders are included so that vegetables can be cut into thick/thin slices or shredded. A centrifugal juicer and a coconut shredder are provided along with several different blades ideal for creating French fries and chopping vegetables.
Also included is an atta kneader for making the dough and a whisker for eggs. The user can select three speeds along with a pulse mode, and there is overload protection inbuilt to ensure maximum safety.
The included blender jar is ideal for creating milkshakes while the chutney jar ensures that the chutney is prepared with perfect consistency.